- What? Festa Delle Donne, celebration of International Women’s Day in Italian style with a demonstration of mimosa cake and a toast of Prosecco de La Marca.
- When: Monday the 8th. March, from 5:30 to 6:30 p.m.
- Where: Eventbrite registration ($25 per ticket) for online access to Zoom
- Who: Award-winning chef Odette Fada, restaurant hospitality expert Dame Marisa May and wine expert Dame Francine Kowalski.
- Why? Join our Italian hospitality specialists and chefs Dame Marisa May, Chef Odette Fada and Dame Francine Kowalski as we drink the glass of La Marca Prosecco, Italian-style, in honor of International Women’s Day to toast women’s achievements and our shared sense of community. We will learn how to make a traditional creamy mimosa and citrus cake. The mimosa is the official flower that women give to their friends and relatives to celebrate this day in Italy. The event and a portion of the proceeds will be donated to the YDNL Scholarship Fund.
- What? The NY Ladies present the opening of the kitchen door: Cooks who was in charge.
- When: Monday the 15th. March, 17:00-18:00
- Where: Eventbrite registration ($20 per ticket) for online access to Zoom
- Who: Dame Tanya Holland, award-winning chef, author and restaurateur (moderator) and panellists Dame Mashama Bailey, winner of the James Beard Award for Best Chef in the South East, Executive Chef and partner of The Grey Rebecca Charles. Chef and owner of the legendary Pearl Oyster Bar (NYC), Kennebunk Pearl Oyster Beach and Spath Oyster Cellar (ME), Dame Christine Cikowski, Chef and co-owner of the Fried Chicken and Butter Club, Anita Lowe. Michelin-starred chef, Iron Chef and winner of the Best Chef Award, and Sarah Moulton, chef, cookbook author and television personality.
- Why? Join us in discovering the early pioneers who crossed borders to enter the world of restaurant kitchens, and those who continue to advance today. Listen to their advice and determine where we should go next. Part of the proceeds will be donated to the YDNL Scholarship Fund.
About the Dames d’Escoffier, New York (LDNY).
The YLD is the founder and largest chapter of the Ladies of Escoffier International (LDEI), an experienced 501c3 non-profit organization. Its mission is to promote and support emerging women professionals in the food and beverage industry and to advocate for critical issues facing the industry. LDNI’s vision is guided by three objectives: Education, advocacy and philanthropy. A recording of the event will be available at www.ldny.org. Follow @lesdamesny on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
Previous articleSanta Margherita has been defining the style of Italian Pinot Grigio for sixty years.
les dames d’escoffier new york,les dames d’escoffier scholarship,Privacy settings,How Search works,les dames d escoffier san francisco